Ian and Wyn Gargate have spent a long time restoring this old dwelling into the most comfortable of cottages with all modern amenities.
The happy result is a delightful and extremely cosy countryside farmhouse which you are sure to love.
Ideal for groups and families, this non-smoking cottage sleeps four people and the accommodation comprises of:
- two bedrooms: one double with original cast iron fireplace and one twin room, each having wash hand basin and vanity units
- sitting room with beamed ceiling and stone feature fireplace with electric fire
- very well equipped dining kitchen room
- utility room
- bathroom with 3-piece suite
- electric shower on ground floor
- entrance vestibule
The facilities include:
- electric cooker and microwave oven
- refrigerator and automatic washing machine (use of the owner's tumble dryer by arrangement)
- kettle and toaster
- Sky colour TV with video/DVD player
- iron and ironing board
- three shaver points
- smoke alarms.
Other facilities include:
The property is supplied with its own spring water, which is of a very high standard and fully tested and approved to EEC regulations.
Supplied with Super Tariff electric heating and hot water, all electricity is included in the rent. All linen and towels are also supplied.
The cottage garden has a patio with furniture.
Pony trekking can be arranged locally. There is ample parking outside the cottage and a high degree of privacy as the cottage is situated approximately 175 metres from the road and 75 metres from the owners' farmhouse.
The car park is fenced on both sides. Regrettably, despite being animal lovers ourselves, pets are not allowed.
The letters 'R.R.' and a date of 1853 are carved above the main door. Ian thinks that this probably refers to a previous renovation project - ie.'Re-Renovated' - so the cottage could be far older than the date initially suggests. It is rather nice to think of an earlier young couple moving in with exciting plans for the future of their newly acquired cottage!